4. Half-timbered Houses, Mühlwehrstraße

A doctor called Dr Anton Stützle lived in the half-timbered house. He was a close friend of the priest and ‘water doctor’ Sebastian Kneipp.

Half-timbered house with Café Ehrler, Bad Mergentheim
Half-timbered house with Café Ehrler, Bad Mergentheim

The Mergentheim doctor was very interested in treatment methods used by the priest, who succeeded in giving relief to the sick using the power of water. Sebastian Kneipp stayed in Mergentheim in 1887, 1888 and finally in 1896, where he treated many patients in his friend’s house and at the fountain at the ‘Mühlwehrplätzle’.